At one point people started their business name search by opening up the yellow pages and making sure their name wasn’t taken by somebody locally. This progressed to opening up a browser and making sure the name has a good domain available. Now we are at a point where we need to make sure our prospective business name is available in dozens of places all at once.
This is where UD.com comes in. The company, which also runs a full-domain registry, has a handy web app to not only see what domains are available, but also see the status of corresponding accounts for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Flickr, etc.
For existing businesses it is a great opportunity to see what other vanity URLs you should be grabbing for your company. The service is free and available without signing up.
3 Reasons You Should Use UD.com:
- You are searching for a name for your new business.
- You want to see what other vanity URLs you should snap up and reserve for your business.
- You want to see how your competitors stack up and where they might have a presence that you don’t.
2 Reasons You Wouldn’t Need UD.com:
- You feel confident you have grabbed all the vanity URLs and domains for your business.
- You don’t want pressure to build up your brand’s presence on multiple social networks and don’t want people to fan or friend a page you won’t be populating.
For more information on UD.com please visit www.ud.com.